Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First couple weeks of August

So here we are to the middle of August already... the company has seemed to slow down, but life hasn't! We had been to convention, started swimming lessons, finished painting the house, the kids had a couple of their little friends come to visit, and the kids have had some illness... the yucky part! And it's been raining... sound familiar to anyone? Good year to plant our grass, that's about all I can say about that!

We've been trying to make the most of our last few weeks of summer... September means school... I'm not ready for this!!! Bella continues to comfort me and tell me that she'll be ok, and she's only gone for a little bit, and she'll come home every night. David seems to think he's going too. Kate is turning into a little 2 year old monster. She screams at everybody and anything to get what she wants.. threatens us with biting and bodyslams. Ok, maybe it's not that bad, but she's definately hit the 2 year mark! She wasn't always so bolsterous and overbearing... oh wait, yes she was...

Kate at 6 months (posted again due to a few requests)
my precious princess....
and back to present day... the little neighbour girl from where we used to live at the apartment came for a play day.
... just add Kate


the girls
good little friends
and David adding to the fun
Braden came over for a sleepover... he always is intrigued with the accordian
fun outside, riding bikes....
and getting wet!

... while Mike cut the hayfield
Some misc. shots.... we camped out Sunday night after convention... at least some of them got sleep!
Swimming lessons

...we're almost finished the first level!
look Ma... spots!
sisters...
picture taken by Bella or David... munching again

grabbing a java...
freshly painted
sunrise... obviously it wasn't me taking the picture!
Kennedy Space Center... here again, not me at the wheel!
and then there's Willy... trying to escape every chance he can get!
Baking some cookies with my little helpers

and trying them out!
Made a fresh peach pie last week... only to be disappointed by the peaches (I miss my Niagara peaches!!!)
and a roast for Sunday dinner (kinda looked pretty, so I thought I'd snap a photo!)
waiting for lunch


... Nancy & Richard and Ed & Audrey came for supper on Sunday night... what a fun & crazy night!

No comments: